Our Hire Terms & Conditions
Let’s throw the confetti! Thank you for choosing Cloth & Confetti and we are so excited to be a part of your special event! You will have received a copy of our invoice stepping out the hire items and/or services.
Here is all the other “nitty-gritty” information to help ensure a smooth-sailing vendor relationship with us:
What do I need to do?
Please have a read of this document and contact us if you have any questions. Otherwise, if you agree with these Terms and Conditions, simply pay the 30% booking deposit and this will be treated as your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set out on this page or in the document ‘Cloth and Confetti Hire Terms and Conditions’.
- The ‘Hire Company’, ‘We’ or ‘Us’ refers to Cloth & Confetti.
- The “Client”, ‘You’, or ‘Your’ refers to the individual(s), sole traders, small businesses, companies, partnerships or unincorporated entities hiring linens and /or other props from the Hire Company, as noted within the contract attached to these terms and conditions.
- The ‘Fabrics’ refer to all fabric-based products made available for hire by Cloth & Confetti. This includes napkins, table runners, table cloths and cloth signage.
- The ‘Hired Goods’ refer to all items hired by the Client from the Hire Company. This includes Fabrics, Cutlery and Decoration items.
- The ‘Services’ refer to all services provided by the Hire Company. This includes, but is not limited to, table styling, décor styling, table set-up, pack down and custom design.
- The ‘Custom Cloth’ refers to all fabric-based items uniquely designed by the Hire Company based on instructions provided by the Client. This includes, but is not limited to, mini banners, menus, long banners, signage and printed napkins.
- The ‘Semi-custom Cloth’ refers to all fabric-based items designed by the Hire Company and partially customised based on instructions provided by the Client. This includes, but is not limited to, mini banners, menus, long banners, signage and printed napkins.
- The ‘Invoice’ refers to the invoice issued by Cloth & Confetti. The Invoice should be read together with these Terms and Conditions.
- The ‘Venue’ refers to the location where Your event will take place.
2. Conditions applicable to Hired Goods
Standard booking for Fabrics includes the hire of fabric-based products only and dry cleaning of Fabrics. This includes hire of linen, cotton, velvet and printed napkins, table runners, table cloths and any other fabric-based goods made available for hire by the Hire Company.
2.2 Cutlery Hire
Standard booking for Cutlery Hire includes the hire of cutlery items and post-event full-clean only. This includes, but is not limited to cutlery sets in the Classic range and the Dipped range. Cutlery is available to hire per piece or in sets of 5-pieces.
Standard booking for Decorations Items includes the hire of the following items only:
- Table numbers
- Wishing Well
- Candleholders and vases
- Table décor
- Signage Stands
Our standard booking does not include styling, set-up and return of the Hired Goods.
2.5 Hire Period
- All bookings for Hired Goods are subject to a hire period of 4 calendar days.
- For weekend bookings, all hire goods must be picked up on the Friday prior and returned on either Sunday or Monday immediately following the event.
- Hire returned outside of the standard 4 calendar days will incur a fee of 25% of the hire cost per day. This will be deducted from the bond payment.
- Please contact the Hire Company to discuss requirements for longer hire periods.
- If you have chosen to have your order delivered and collected by Us, the hire period will be determined by Us and is dependant on the time and date of your event, access to the venue location and Our delivery schedule. We endeavour to meet all customer requests regarding delivery days and times however this may not always be possible.
2.6 Quality of Hired Goods
The Hire Company makes the following guarantees to You in respect of the quality of Hired Goods at the time of pick-up:
- Fabrics will come clean pressed and folded.
- Cutlery Hire will be cleaned, sterilised and polished, packed into reusable containers for easy return and protection.
- Decoration Items will be clean and polished.
2.7 Use of Hired Goods
Please note the following conditions that apply to the use of Hired Goods during your event:
- For Fabrics, please do not use real wax on the Fabrics as this may cause permanent damage. Use glass drip trays underneath any candles that may drip wax.
2.8 Pick-Up of Hired Goods
Pick up of Hired Goods are available by appointment at our Spencer Street location or any other nominated location as agreed with the Hire Company.
Please note, once Hired Goods have been picked up by you, it is Your responsibility to ensure return of the Hired Goods at the end of the Hire Period at the agreed return location with the Hire Company.
Please check over the Hired Goods carefully and notify Us prior to Your event if there is any existing damage of concern. Any damage reported after the event has occurred may result in replacement damage fees being charged.
2.9 Delivery of Hired Goods
The Hire Company can deliver the order to Your venue or event stylist at Your request. The Hire Company will work with Your venue or event stylist on the logistics to ensure timely delivery to Your venue or event stylist.
Where Hired Goods are required to be delivered, a delivery courier fee will be calculated by location and weight / size of the parcels. An estimate of the delivery courier fee will be added to the Invoice at the time of booking but may be revised 30-days prior to the event when calculations can be more accurate.
Cloth and Confetti may engage with and rely on external courier services to deliver Your hire items. Where Hired Goods are not delivered on time, Cloth and Confetti will refund the full cost of the booking.
If the goods have arrived damaged from the delivery process, please let Us know immediately prior to Your event occurring to avoid damage fees.
2.10 Return of Hired Goods
Hired Goods can be returned to the Hire Company Spencer street location or any other nominated location as agreed with the Hire Company.
The Hired Goods should be returned in the following condition:
- Fabrics should be returned in the laundry bags provided and should be dirty, not cleaned. This is to enable the Hire Company to properly launder the Fabrics.
- Wet Fabrics should be air dried prior to inserting into the laundry bags (otherwise they may grow mould and be permanently damaged!)
- Do not attempt to wash the Fabrics prior to return, as incorrect laundering may cause damage.
- Cutlery should be returned rinsed clean and in the same condition that it was received (i.e. not broken, not bent and with no visible damage). Extra cleaning fees will apply if the cutlery is not received rinsed.
- Cutlery may be washed in the dishwasher (but not obligatory) at the event venue on a gentle cycle but must be handled with care. Do not use rough scourers or strong chemicals to clean Cutlery.
- Decoration Items should be returned in the same condition that it was received.
2.11 Permanently Damaged, Lost or Stolen Hired Goods
If a Hired Good is permanently damaged, lost or stolen, You will be required to pay the full replacement fee for the damaged/lost/stolen items.
Permanent Damage refers to:
- Significant change to the Hired Good such that the quality of the Hired Good can no longer be restored to its original condition. This includes but not limited to, breakage, permanent staining, fire damage.
This excludes normal wear and tear from use, washable stains and regular soiling that can be removed by dry cleaning or stain removal cleaners.
3.1 Table Styling Availability
The Table Styling service is only available as an addition to an order for Hired Goods.
Table styling services will be provided only on the day of Your event and does not include designing Your colour palette or the styling plan for Your event, however the Hire Company may provide consulting on this with You.
3.2 Table Styling Quote Process
Where You have requested and instructed the Hire Company to provide Table Styling services on-the-day of your event, the Hire Company will:
- Undertake an initial ½ hour consultation with You by phone or email prior to providing a fee quote;
- Provide You with a fee quote in writing based on the concepts discussed in the initial consultation;
- Provide an invoice to You after the quote has been accepted;
- Take a 30% non-refundable deposit to secure the booking date;
- Undertake up to two 1 hour consultations with You at 4 weeks and at 2 weeks prior to your event date to confirm Your styling plan, quantities, seating chart, table floor plan, napkin fold, cutlery setting and any other details required for Your table set-up.
3.3 Table Styling service inclusions
- Setting up for Your formal sit-down reception tables by ensuring cutlery is set in place;
- Napkins are folded and positioned in an arrangement that compliments Your tablescape design; and
- Checking all of the other elements (including stationery, place cards, and favours if applicable) that have been discussed prior to the event date in the consultation.
If You have ordered Custom Cloth signage from Us, this can also be set-up and styled as part of the Table Styling services for Your event.
3.4 Duration of Table Styling
All table styling service includes a maximum of 3-hours’ time on the day of Your event, starting from the bump-in time as provided by the Venue.
3.5 Pack-Down Service
Pack-down service includes removing all Hired Goods from the Venue on the night of Your event and returning them to our storage location.
3.6 Table Styling and Pack-Down Service Charges
Table Styling and Pack-Down services will be calculated by the number of guests and the detail involved in the scope of the set-up. The fee quote will be agreed with You in writing prior to the Hire Company issuing the Invoice.
Please note, where more than 3 hours are required in respect of Table Styling, additional costs will apply outside of fees quoted in the Invoice.
The Hire Company will discuss any additional Table Styling charges with you prior to adding these into the Invoice.
3.7 Travel and Accommodation Expenses
In relation to table styling and/or pack-down services, travel time to and from Your event location is included in the fee quote within 55kms of Melbourne CBD. Locations further than 55kms will be charged at $0.65 per kilometre in 10 kilometre unit blocks (incl. gst).
Where the Hire Company is required to stay overnight, the cost of travel expenses (i.e. flight, train or petrol expenses directly related to this travel) and overnight accommodation will be on-charged to You. The Hire Company will provide receipts evidencing these expenses, as an attachment to your Invoice.
4.1 Semi-custom Cloth Design Process
Where You have requested and instructed the Hire Company to design and produce Semi-custom Cloth, the Hire Company will:
- Take a full payment to secure the product online;
- Gather the relevant information from You required to customise the design with Your names, date, location and hashtag text;
- Provide a proof of design by email for Your review 1 week after receiving Your relevant information text;
- Allow You to make 2 rounds of changes included for semi-custom designs. Please refer to section 4.5 ‘Changes to design’ for the full list of what is included and excluded;
All proof of design must be approved by You in writing within a reasonable timeframe (see Section
5.1) in order for production of Semi-custom Cloth to proceed.
The production of Your Semi-custom Cloth including printing, sewing and finishing is 2-3 weeks.
4.2 Custom Cloth Design Process
Where You have requested and instructed the Hire Company to design and produce Custom Cloth, the Hire Company will:
- Undertake a detailed design consultation with You 8-10 weeks prior to Your Event;
- Ask You to supply 3-5 inspirational images to guide the design process;
- Provide You with a fee quote in writing based on the concepts discussed in the initial consultation;
- Provide an invoice to You for the chosen option;
- Take a 30% non-refundable deposit to secure the booking and artwork creation;
- Contact You regarding the specific text and wording You would like in the design;
- Prepare 2-3 design options with proof of designs sent by email for your review within 2-3 weeks of receiving Your text and wording.
- Allow You to make 3 rounds of changes included for custom designs. Please refer to section 4.5 ‘Changes to design’ for the full list of what is included and excluded;
All proof of design and fee of quote must be approved by You in writing within the quotation timeframe (see Section 5.1) in order for production of Custom Cloth to proceed.
The production of Your Custom Cloth including printing, sewing and finishing is 2-3 weeks.
4.3 Semi-Custom and Custom Cloth Delivery or Pick-Up
Once Your order is ready, the Hire Company will contact You to organise pick-up or delivery.
The terms outlined in Section 2.8 and Section 2.9 apply to the Pick-Up and Delivery of Custom Cloth.
4.4 Custom Cloth Final Sale
Due to the unique nature of Semi-Custom and Custom printed Cloth, the sale is considered final and no refunds are given.
Should you wish to discard the Custom Cloth after Your event, the Custom Cloth can be returned to the Hire Company as part of the Hire Company Recycling Scheme.
Please note no refunds will be provided upon return of Custom Cloth as part of the Recycling Scheme.
4.5 Changes to Design
Strictly no changes to the design, layout or fonts are included in the Semi-custom Cloth options. The changes that can be made by You include those relating to minor text wording, colour palette and final printing Cloth material. The colour palette must be finalised prior to any artwork being created for you.
For the Custom Cloth option, You can make changes to the text, font, colour, minor illustration tweaks and final printing Cloth material. The artwork concept idea cannot be changed after approval from the initial 2-3 design options. Any additional or major changes requested will be charged at $50 per hour, billed in one-hour blocks.
Only digital proofs of the artwork are provided for approval. Samples of the final printing base Cloth material can be sent to you if requested.
4.6 Express Turnaround
A fee of 15% of the total order (excl. gst) is required to cover express printing and sewing costs if You require Your Semi-Custom or Custom Cloth sooner than the allocated total of 8 weeks for consultation, artwork, sewing, finishing and delivery. Express turnaround is subject to the Hire Company schedule availability.
4.7 Printing and Artwork
The Hire Company will allow the usage and perform the printing of another designer’s artwork onto Cloth if You have the right to use the artwork for this purpose. Contact details of the original designer must be provided to the Hire Company.
An artwork processing fee of 15% of the total order (excl. gst) will apply to any Custom Cloth requested that uses third party artwork. This covers process costs associated with formatting and communication.
All artwork designed by the Hire Company is owned by Cloth and Confetti and cannot be replicated or reproduced without written consent.
All quotes provided expire within seven (7) calendar days from the date that the quotation was provided by the Hire Company. The Hire Company reserves the right to adjust prices in any quotation once the seven (7) calendar days have passed. A “first in, first out” policy applies to all hire items. A quotation does not guarantee the availability of any items, as bookings are only secured after a deposit is received by the Hire Company. Please note all quotations are inclusive of:
- the process and handling fee;
- the damage waiver fee; and
- security bond payment.
To secure your date and availability of Hired Goods, a deposit of 30% of the total quotation is required. This is indicated on the invoice sent to you by the Hire Company. Please note that this deposit is non-refundable, as it secures the Hire Company’s efforts in commencing the provision of services, and/or preparation of hire items for Your event.
COVID-19 Deposit Policy
If Your event is cancelled (and not postponed) due to government restrictions in line with the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Hire Company will provide a full refund of the deposit and payments made for any Hire Goods and Table Styling services booked. Any refunds made for Custom Cloth will be dependent on the amount of work that has been completed for the order and is at the discretion of the Hire Company.
If you event is being postponed to another date in the future, the Hire Company will transfer any deposits or payments to the new chosen date. If Your original choice of napkins is unavailable, we will provide an alternative colour choice or refund on the hire items.
5.4 Final Quantity Confirmation and Payment Due Date
The final quantity of Hire Goods required will be confirmed with You, 30 days before your pick-up date and cannot be changed after this stage. If we receive no notice of changes to your quantities at this stage, it is assumed that the original booking is correct and final payment will be for this quantity.
Final Payment Due Date
Final balances on the invoice issued by the Hire Company must be paid to the Hire Company at least 14 days prior to Your pick-up or delivery date.
5.6 Process and Handling Fee
A 10% surcharge applies to the total full-priced Hired Goods cost (incl. GST) on every order for processing and handling. This charge is non-refundable, as it covers all efforts undertaken by the Hire Company in packing, counting, checking Your order and ensuring everything has been thoroughly cleaned before you receive it, and after it is returned by You. This includes cleaning of the Hired Goods after any prior cleaning done by the venue.
5.7 Damage Waiver Fee
A damage waiver fee of 5% applies to the total full-priced Hired Goods cost (incl. GST). This is to cover minor damage from ‘wear and tear’ of the Hired Goods, so that We can keep replacing stock and maintain high product standards.
Please note that the damage waiver fee is separate from the replacement cost of permanently damaged or lost items.
5.8 Security Bond Payment
A refundable bond payment of $100 applies to Hired Goods bookings below $1000. For bookings over $1000, a bond payment of $200 is required. This payment is due with the balance of the invoice,
14 days before the collection of the Hired Goods. Payable by credit or debit card. You must provide your preferred bank details to us before or after the event, so we can transfer the security deposit back to you in a timely manner. Should you fail to provide us with your bank transfer details, any security deposits not requested within 6 months of your event finishing, will be recorded as unclaimed and forfeited by You.
The bond payment will be refunded within 5 days of Your event, once the Hired Goods are returned and cleared for any damage.